The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released the results of the 2020 Senior School Certificate Examination for external candidates.
This was announced at the council’s headquarters in Minna on Thursday.
The Registrar and Chief Executive, Godswill Obioma, said 41,459 candidates registered for the examination, out of which 39,503 actually sat.
Mr Obioma explained that 26,277 candidates obtained five credits and above including English Language and Mathematics while 34,014 candidates also obtained five credits and above irrespective of English Language and Mathematics.
The registrar who reiterated the council’s zero tolerance for examination malpractice, said appropriate standards and excellence were maintained right from the planning stage to the release of results.
He also disclosed that 6,465 cases of examination malpractice were recorded in the 2020 SSCE External as against 17,004 cases in 2019.
He said the reduction in the level of malpractice was as a result of deepened monitoring of the examination by members of the governing board, management and senior staff of the council.
How to Check your NECO Result
Candidates who sat for the 2020 June/July NECO examination can proceed to check their performances at the NECO result checker portal result.neco.gov.ng as the result is now available at the portal. Checking of result will require an electronic token that can also be purchased at the NECO result portal.
The new NECO Results checking system has been designed to allow candidates check their results with ease. To check your NECO result 2020, you can make use of the following steps;
- First, visit the NECO website at www.neco.gov.ng with your examination registration number.
- Click on ‘NECO Results’ and then click ‘Check Result!’. You will be taken to NECO results checking system (www.result.neco.gov.ng) to fill the required details.
- Choose your exam year. i.e. 2020
- Choose your exam type. i.e. SSCE Internal (JUN/JUL)
- Enter your Token and Registration Number in the right columns
- When you have filled all the details, click on the button ‘CHECK RESULT’ to access your NECO result.
How to Get NECO Result Checking Token
Checking NECO result 2020/2021 will require the use of token; to get the token follow this steps;
- Visit NECO website at www.neco.gov.ng
- Create an account using the link result.neco.gov.ng/register or login-in if you already have an account
- After registering an account, proceed to buy the token online using any of the payment options.
- Only one token is allowed per candidate but can be shared with candidate’s parents, schools, organizations or any person who wish to view the candidate’s results.